Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Do you have any idea what the street value of Calgary is right now?

So I’m driving home last night, well coasting home would be the better description, and I’m absolutely freaked out of my mind. The roads were sooo bad, and my winter driving experience consists of making doughnuts in the IGA parking lot back home, good times. So there I am freezing to death in my car, Reverend Michigan, my breath fogging up the glass because the defroster is crap so I’m furiously wiping the windshield to see. So to calm my shaken nerves I throw on the good old radio and what to I hear. “This holiday season, do you want the have the memory of this sound...,” (shrieking tires, someone screaming and a crash of broken glass and metal). “Before you drink and drive,” yada yada yada. ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS CLARK?! Here I am praying to get home safely as are the other thousands of people driving in this mess, and the good people at the radio station decide to pluck the morality strings of the masses. I am not a drinking and driving advocate by any means, but for the love of all that’s Holy, don’t play that crap when I’m sliding all over the place afraid to drive above 20 kliks on Crowchild Trail!
Anyway, winter sucks. And as an official member of the driving community, I can say with full force of thought, winter sucks. When I was a transit monkey, I didn’t mind the cold or the snow at all really. I was one of those artistic people that stare at the snow for hours drinking their chi lattes or whatever (in my case apple cider) and say things like “Snow is the blanket that hides the pain of vulnerability.” Snow, you’ve made a powerful enemy today.

No comments: