Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's Back...
Back in the Saddle Again...

I'm sad to report our return to country music in the office. It's funny because now to me, Lite 96 and Country 105 are virtually on par with matching craptacular-ness. I just train my ears to listen to the voices inside my head telling me reassuringly, "someday...someday you'll be people again, and not just people - good people." Thank-you voices, that means a lot to me.
Last night we met at our bishop's house and made Valentine's Day cards for kids in the Children's Hospital. All in all a very successful night except for the moral-ethical setback I suffered. I made this WICKED Valentine's Day card with an R2-D2 sticker on it, and in true girl letters (you know the ones with the dots at the end of every line - femilicious) I wrote "R2 Chooses You!" Sadly I was overcome by my genious, like Van Gogh or Charles Rocket, but instead of suicide - I took my card, depriving some child of a Valentine. Is it sick...yes, yes it is. But I couldn't bare the thought of some kid saying, "A Star Wars Valentine...gay!" and throwing it lackadaisically across the floor.
So I will entrust the card to someone to send it to me in one years time. Or perhaps I will meet the C3P0 to my R2 in the next 4 weeks and give the card away. Le Sigh.

No comments: