Thursday, November 17, 2005

TB Free and Filled with Glee

Well, it's official, I don't have TB. I can't tell you how much of a relief that is to me. But now I really don't why I've been coughing up blood for the past month. No matter.

I drove to High River on Monday to get a TB test, and I had to drive back today to get the follow-up. What is the common protocol for celebrating being 'TB Free'? Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something.

This was one of the last hurdles that I had to jump on my journey to the mission field. Tuesday was my 21st birthday, and I submitted my papers to my Bishop and Sunday I will meet with my Stake President. Hopefully come Christmas time I will know where I'm going and when I'm going to get there.
It's really sobering to have gotten this far, and although it's been hairy thus far, I know it's going to get hairier still. So I'm prepared for a bombshell like, you have unpaid library fees that prohibit you from leaving the country until they're rectified.

So I will soon lose my civilian status and be promoted to missionary.

My birthday festivities also included a fan-freakin-tastic birthday party last Thursday, followed by subsequent 'after-shock' parties on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Tuesday I had my free dinner at Denny's, a birthday must, with some friends and then went and watched Kiera Knightly try to portray an intellectual, independent Elizabeth Bennett. I mean honestly, Elizabeth Bennett is one of the most amazing woman in the history of English literature, and they get the Pirates of the Carribean chick to play her. Needless to say the movie was far inferior to it's A & E counterpart, starring the scrumtralescent Colin Firth. But I think I'm through with sappy love movies for awhile. Give me the mindless action or delicious comedy.
So it was a good birthday all in all, I'm a little older, I'm a little wiser...and I've acquired a new nickname via Joel M. - Oldy Hawn. Good one Joel, good one.

No comments: